It has been a wonderful start of 2021!
Thank you for your patience on our weather situation early last week. We are monitoring the ice/snow situation that is scheduled to happen overnight.
As a reminder:
Winter weather in Nebraska is never dull. Please know that our decision to have a late start or a cancellation is based on the following:
- We monitor the weather and road conditions with the National Weather Service, state and county roads departments, law enforcement and other local school district officials.
- Please know that we operate with the best information available to us when we make a decision and we also know that from time to time a predicted storm will change course or not hit as forecasted but we do our very best to make the best decision for the safety and staff of our school district with the information available to us at the time.
- We do have days built in for inclement weather but we want our students to be in school everyday.
- We will make a call before 8:30pm if possible to allow you to make arrangements for your children, if the forecast is unclear in the evening we will make a call/text message between 5:15am and 6am.
- Please remember to update your information on Powerschool to ensure that you are contacted in the appropriate manner. In the event of inclement weather we will send a call, text msg, and email. You can update emails and phone numbers from your account.
- We always keep as our first priority the safety of our students and our community when making our decision.
On February 8th Loup City Public Schools will vote on the contract of our new Superintendent, Mr Dean Tickle. I am very excited for him to be a part of the future of Loup City Public Schools.
On February 17th Loup City High School will be hosting the LouPlatte Conference Speech Tournament. This tournament is in person and takes most of our classrooms. Therefore students will not have class on this day. This will be a professional development day for teachers. who will be in attendance all day.
You will be receiving information from your child's building principal about Parent Teacher Conferences. We believe that conferences are a valuable method of parents and teachers to plan for the academic success of your child. Conferences are scheduled for February 24th from 4 to 7:30pm and February 25th 5-8:30pm. Students will not have school on February 25th and 26th. Teachers will have a professional development day on February 25th and a comp day on February 26th.
To plan ahead
March 5 No School for Teachers & Students
March 11 End of Quarter 3
March 12 No School for Teachers & Students
April 1-5 No School for Teachers & Students
May 19 Last Day of School for Students
Have a great day!