A few notes to help you as we approach the holiday break and move into the second semester.
I have submitted my resignation to the board of education effective June 30, 2021. I have been offered the Superintendent's position at Cozad Community Schools beginning July 1, 2021. I appreciate the hard work of our staff here at Loup City and wish them the best as they continue their journey. I wish the students of Loup City Public Schools tremendous success and a lifetime of great accomplishments. I have had the opportunity to work with a very well trained board of education and I wish them luck in their search for a new superintendent.
I was asked to clarify board meeting times.
- Regular board meetings for Loup City Public Schools are always on the second Monday of the month at 7:30pm.
- Special meetings and work sessions will always have a time posted with the notice.
- According to State law there must be a public comment at four(4) regular meetings.
- There is a regular board meeting tonight, 12/14, at 7:30pm for the month of December.
- There is a special board meeting on Tuesday, December 15th at 7pm as posted.
- As always here is the link for board agendas: https://meeting.sparqdata.com/Public/Organization/LoupCity
Recently our quarantine rules have changed to allow students to return faster. I have attached a helpful flyer from the Nebraska Association of Local Health Directors to help you when your child or someone in your family is exposed.
We are scheduled for a holiday break beginning on December 23rd and students returning on January 6th! We hope our students stay healthy so we can stay in-person for the remainder of the school year. Teachers will have a professional development day on January 5th!
Emails From the Principals
Each Monday this semester you should have been receiving an email from your child's principal with information to keep you updated. I hope you are finding these helpful.If you have not received them please send them an email so they can get you added.