Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Student News

Home > breadcrumbs: Newsletter & Menus > breadcrumbs: Student News >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Cameron Russell Wins Loup City Geography Bee

January 31, 2017

IMG_0999[1].JPG

Cameron Russell, a 7th grade student at Loup City Public Schools won the school competition of the National Geography Bee on January 30th. The school Bee, at which students answered questions on geography, was the first round in the 29th annual National Geographic Bee.

Thousands of schools around the United States and in the five U.S. territories are participating in the 2017 National Geography Bee. The school champions, including Cameron, will take a qualifying test: up to 100 of the top scorers on that test in each state will then be eligible to compete in their state Bee on March 31, 2017. Cameron did qualify and will be representing Loup City at the State Bee.

The 10 finalists were: Liam Heil, Cameron Russell, Randii Reikofski, Ava Hart, Dylan Hull, Luke Heil, Ethan Krzycki, Clayton Dethlefs, Logan Gregory and Chase Steib. The results were: First Place- Cameron Russell, Second Place- Luke Heil and 3rd Place- Dylan Hull.

Paul Henry served as the moderator - asked the questions and Kim Henry was the scorekeeper/timer. Blake Dahlberg presented the certificates to all participants and the winning medal to Cameron.

National Geographic Society is a global nonprofit membership organization driven by a passionate belief in the power of science, exploration and storytelling to change the world. They fund hundreds of research and conservation projects around the globe each year.

-----------------------------------------

Cameron participated in the Nebraska State Geography Bee on March 31st.  He did not make the finals but it was a great experience.  Great job Cameron!

Back To Top